Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 14 April 2007

I must remember...

... when I am throwing myself a Pity Party because I am tired/sick/over-worked/under-appreciated, that our poor priests had nearly as much to do Holy Week as I, they had four parishes to do it in (I had members of all four parishes to deal with, but for the most part, they came to me, I only had to schlep materials elsewhere for three rehearsals.)
And they are 67 and 72!
And when I was feeling exhausted Easter morning I looked at that lovely holy, little man on TV and remembered that he was 80, for the love of God! Eighty and keeping up that schedule! Msgrs Marini and Ganswein, I know the angels are doing it, but do you watch over him as well!
These thoughts are occasioned because I was called about an "emergency" that turned out to be merely an extra service that Fr had actually already told me about, and had forgotten.
And he's Fr. Boss, Fr Associate can do a variation on that old truism that POTUS has X hundred million bosses, and the Veep has X million and one.
O Jesus, Eternal Priest;
keep all Your priests within the shelter of Your Sacred Heart,
where none may harm them.
Keep unstained their anointed hands
which daily touch Your Sacred Body.
Keep unsullied their lips purpled with Your Precious Blood.

Keep pure and unearthly their hearts sealed with the
sublime marks of Your glorious priesthood.
Let Your holy love surround them and shield them
from the world’s contagion.
Bless their labors with abundant fruit,

and may the souls to whom they have ministered
be their joy and consolation
and in Heaven their beautiful and everlasting crown.
O Mary,

Queen of the clergy,
pray for us;
obtain for us many holy priests.
Amen.

No comments: