Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 1 March 2017

My Lenten Sacrifice Renunciation

I'm not sure one of my intentions is at all suitable for Lent, as one is called, if one so chooses, to forswear a good, not some vile habit one would be better off without anyway.
But in case any of my three readers is also a Facebook Friend, or a Twitter Tweeter, I don't want you to think I am either cheating now, or lied previously.
I will continue to read social media, (I have an extremely large and careless-of-communication family, and I could otherwise find myself ignorant of some health or matrimonial matter that I very much need to know,) and will "like" and "share" and "retweet."
What I have decided to eschew until Easter is... dialogue.
Liar!
No, what I am really trying to cure myself of is not conversation but argument, and worse, snarking commentary.
So, I am around, but pledge to forgo saying anything unkind about presidents, popes or pinochle partners.

Hearken, O Lord, and have mercy, for I have sinned against Thee

No comments: