Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Improving My Culinary Skills

Okay, not my skills, just my knowledge.

For the first time in my life I have both the time, the money and the place (wait - "both" is wrong, there are THREE things . I fell as if i am in a Monty Python sketch about the Spanish Inquisition. I digress,) to work on versions of foods I've always enjoyed but often have to forgo because most people and/or manufacturers, use substances to which I am allergic in their production.


My knowledge is expanding and so am I.
Other than beans, (Boston Baked,  cassoulet, chilis, hummuses.... 'zat the plural?) and even some bean recipes, all of my projects seem to be high fat, high sugar, or both.
Mayonnaise.
Cream Cake.
Frozen custards.
Caramels.

Life is good.


And Those Intewebs are a treasure for someone leading such a sybaritic life.


I am crazy for this  guy, David Lebovitz  is interesting, helpful, crazy skilled and learned in his field - but WHAT IS WITH HIS WEBSITE?????


My computer hates it, my SIL's tablet hates it, Himself's computer hates it - is it the graphics? is it the ads?


Any way, I'll just have to keep slogging thru.


How I suffer...

No comments: