Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 24 February 2007

Doings and Goings

Not a healthy way to start Lent -- feeling self-righteous from all the ... well, I won't call it work, but stuff, all the stuff I've been stuck with.
In much the same state as Himself, we could just dog it like so many do, but.... well, is pride always a sin? our pride won't let us do a half-assed job.
Actually, I don't really care, and I don't feel any of it would reflect badly on me if it didn't get done because it's NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY.
Ah, but who would look bad? So that's why I can't.
Ash Wednesday went very well indeed.
First one in forever when I haven't gotten ashes... it just didn't work out, the refrain wasn't long enough for me to scamper down the stairs from the loft after finishing one verse, and before needing to begin another.
The Introits are going extremely well. (And today? well, its replacement was MY Lenten penance.)

All that copying, and cutting and pasting, and collating and arranging and sorting and stapling... and there, in the conference room looming over me as I inserted that piece of borderline-her -(... well, no, it is not that, but so grossly misleading that it is lousy catechesis and dangerous (and I mean that literally,) from a liturgical stand=point,) that textual drek into the choir packets: an enormous and ancient volume, The Unchangeable Church.
The WHAT??!?&?#$??
It must be talking about the OLD one....

No comments: