Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 2 May 2007

Good days work

No, I didn't take the Christmas tree down.

But I did a very nice (well, I'll know after I hear it Thursday night at rehearsal, but I think it's very nice,) concertante of Nun Komm der, etc.

It is slow going, and I know there have been missteps, but I am introducing more genuine liturgical music, and better hymnody, and finer anthems, bit by bit.
Yes, we'll still do OTD,OBM next Sunday (I can't take another soprano with tears in her eyes,) but we've also done a few Gregorian propers, added BRYN CALIFARIA (sp?) and LAUDA ANIMA to our hymn rep, and good, solid stuff by Langlais, Routley, Gouzes, Croft , Cherubini... okay, haven't gone as far as I would have liked in 3 plus years, but the progress is not dismal.

Now, the Festival Chorus, that's another thing altogether.
Don't know exactly what to think of that, but I'll try to clarify my thoughts and get them down.

Summer won't be long and lazy, that's for sure.

No comments: