Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 29 May 2016

"I Suffered Quite a Lot As a Goat"

Sure, why not.......?
When the rat race became too much for [an eejit the Daily Mail has decided to enable/humor/exploit] he quit London and became a goat... in Switzerland. The 35-year-old spent a year creating prosthetic 'goat legs' that would allow him to roam the Alps comfortably on all fours and an artificial stomach that would enable him to blend in and 'eat grass'. [the eejit]  said..."I was constantly falling over, and of course I had to eat grass."
Well yes, there is that.
'When I first had the idea a lot of people called me crazy, but I was fed up with my life anyway and I needed a break. I was jobless and I had a lot of personal problems, and I found everyday life so stressful.... as he was not keen on meat he decided against becoming a dog.
[The 
eejit]  said the idea of 'being an elephant had appealed' but then he realised they 'seem to have the same problems we do - they get sad, they get upset and they can even suffer from post-traumatic stress. That was exactly the sort of thing I was trying to get away from.'
Eventually he settled on the idea of being a goat....
'I learned something important, and that is that even goats have a hard life and need to fight for their existence. Every day was tough, and that is something that just is part of being alive.
'The one other thing I reckon I found is that goats are better people. They live much more in the moment than we do, and show us that we really do need to learn to be a bit more relaxed about life.'
Now he has written a book
Of course he has.
But wait, didn't Barth cover that?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bvgY7B-JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

No comments: