Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 2 June 2008

The Iconic Monstrance in Chicago

By the way, the ONLY reason I heard about the Iconic Monstrance,
http://scelata.blogspot.com/2008/05/iconic-monstrance-of-our-lady-of-sign.html
(which Himself and I both misheard as "Psychotic Monstrance,) was that as we were actually driving past the very spot form which they were broadcasting on our way, late, to events in Evanston, we tuned in "Relevant Radio," and the host of a talk show was... well, talking about it.
With someone else who I believe was that charming and erudite Dr. Denis McNamara of Mundelein.
(I have a vague but unlearned interest in architecture anyway, but he makes the subjet, particualrly of sacred architecture and the theology of it really fascinating.)

Anyway, lucky chance, and I think I shall put it on the itinerary for my mother and myslef later this summer.

No comments: