Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 9 February 2008

Oh Frabjuous Day!

Well, it didn't actually happen today.... apparently a much mourned blog that IMO all by itself once justified the existence of the Internet long ago came back.
But I didn't know.
So, even though its resurrection means I'll need to devote even MORE time to reading, (time that I don't have, WHYYYYYYYYYYY did I say I would direct that play?) than I already do.
A sort of series on Purgatory on Fr Kimel's Pontifications will keep me up past my bedtime tonight (Himself is at the theater, so I wouldn't sleep anyway... does it matter, will it affect my preparedness for early Mass whether I read too long in bed or read too long at the computer desk?)
http://pontifications.wordpress.com/
Incidentally, Peter Kreeft's metaphor of Purgatory which Fr Kimel relates strikes my simple mind as the product of the same kind of evolution in thinking (from earlier age's conceptions of the process/place that is purgatory) as that which led to modern society's goal in the treatment of criminals -- trying to effect a rehabilitation rather than inflict a punishment.
The territory of analysts rather than wardens.
It's nice to reflect that God is such a Liberal :oP

No comments: