Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 28 April 2014

Each According to His Abilities

Sometimes over at the CMAA board there is a little bit of tension regarding skill-level, education-level, wit-level taste-level, commitment-level, talent-level, erudition-level, sanctity-level, snarkiness-level ... you name it.
And I know some people are scared off from attending the Seven Days of Musical Heaven, that it might be over their heads?

Well, le'me tell ya, most of life is over my head, and certainly I am unable to either absorb or utilize everything I have been able to experience at a number of Colloquia, but IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!

It is ALL a grace.

I came across this from Sojourner Truth, which seemed apt:
They talk about this thing in the head; what's this they call it? [member of audience whispers, "intellect"] That's it, honey. ... If my cup won't hold but a pint, and yours holds a quart, wouldn't you be mean not to let me have my little half measure full?
p.s. Christian, not Marxist reference

No comments: