Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 21 June 2015

Beauty, Goodness, Truth... on paper!

I am a procrastinator, and forgetful and careless and, .... sometimes, carefree.
(And since while I have quite a bit to do, most of it is on my own schedule or purely elective, so it doesn't matter and I can get away with my slovenly habits!)
Anyway, I've only just had time to sit down and look, really look at an email from 3 weeks ago, the newsletter of the artist and medievalist Daniel Mitsui, and my hand to God, some of it is so beautiful it hurts to look at it. My heart aches!
It is as if it were the physical embodiment of the splendor that Truth exhibits, and really, demands.

Just LOOK at this crown of thorns -
IMAGE
Or this "Christ in Majesty"-
CHRIST in MAJESTY
I think, (I hope,) this year I am going to be pretty much all right as far as finances go and I am really looking forward to giving a small print or two as Christmas gifts.
(This sounds crazy, but I was just thinking how marvelous a Daniel Mitsui coloring book would be... is that crazy?)

No comments: