Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 25 April 2007

'dja miss me?

I was still not quite recovered from Easter, and this past weekend, beginning with a rather fraught run-through on Friday night and continuing through a funeral, a wedding, a wedding meeting, an opening night, a reception, four Masses, a dash to church because I had forgotten to put something away (wherein I found myself in the middle of a private Baptism,) a matinee and a durst-not-miss-it reception and finishing with a Monday morning funeral.... well, I am not apologizing for sleeping 12 hours Monday night and 10 last.

I am again required to put in an appearance at LitCom meetings with all the other Demi-Clerics (wonderful word, or concept I found on that snippy, snarky but oft times useful site, RPI.)

But I come to them with a new found wisdom -- I am much happier having come to terms with the fact that my input is not really wanted.
Any judgement, facts, expertise, skill, knowledge, education, any informed creativity or aesthetic sensibility -- any of those I could or would bring to the discussions would get in the way of those making the decisions.

So get over your own bad self and get on with your life.

No comments: