Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Am I the only...

... one who LIKES puppets?
(I mean, of course, the only Catholic-blogger-with-an-interest-in-liturgy-who-skews-toward-the-preferences-and-practices-associated-with-orthodoxy...)
Yes, I like them.
I remember, I saw a swell Mystery Play at Rockefeller Chapel a few years ago that featured puppets, and dancers and mime and silhouettes and flying thangs and what all... what's the beef with puppets?
Mind you, I like puppets, and mariachi, and spit takes, and S'mores, and fireworks, and rare-to-medium-rare rib eyes, and dead-pan comedy, and intimacy with my husband, and ice hockey, and giving babies raspberries on their bellies, and dachshund, (okay, wiener dog,) races, and dark rum -- none of which have a place in a liturgical setting, needless to say.

So what's with the piling on about puppets at the Congress in Quebec?

No comments: