Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 3 September 2007

Off to the monastery

Although Himself keeps referring to the "renewal of vows," other than R & R, (which praying the L of the H in a monastic setting provides, inherently,) what we'll really do is ask any priest in the vicinity on the morning to bless our marriage.
I never expected to have wedding vows to consider renewing.
I truly am the most fortunate person I know, that was not codswallop.
Concert was a success.
And such largess from the impresario!
I am so glad that I was already waffling, and had finally told him I probably would be able to handle the chorus for the Christmas concert, before I knew just how generous he was being, I would always have wondered if I only relented for mercenary reasons.
Anyway, I was very pleased with the choir, and working with such a large groups, (some of whom are my superiors in musicianship,) really improved my rehearsal technique, and stretched me.

Oh, and Mass was marvelous this weekend, all four of them (NOT the wedding, I'm repeating,) and the choir has never sounded better than they did on the Lambilotte.

And I'm giddy with delight at how my arrangement of the Monteverdi turned out.

So all, in all...

No comments: