Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Guilty pleasures...

Mea culpa, I love Hormel Spam, spit takes, and a blog with the atrocious title of Go Fug Yourself.
"Fugly," it disingenuously claims is an elision of "Frighteningly Ugly."
Be that as it may, it always, or almost always gives me a laugh when I need one (which I did after the aural assault of Lord of the Dance this morning, on piano and drums.)
The description of a juvenile trying to look older as having "styled [him]self like an extra in the Key West Reperatory Theater and Steak Den production of 'Guys and Dolls.'" had me howling out loud.
If you're not too civilized, or too squeamish, check it out. (I'm sorry, I've always been too tolerant of coarse language, I spent far too much of my life in dressing rooms... and you ain't heard coarse if you ain't heard little dancer girls .)
http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/
How can you not love a line like this: "it's refreshing to see child stars who have not grown up to be tremendous skanks, and we are grateful to them for all of their panty-wearing, complexion-saving good behavior."?

3 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

"Frighteningly Ugly"? My, I had thought... but I'm sure that's just my gutter-level mind.

Anonymous said...

No, as I said, theirs is a disingenuous explanation, in my estimation. I think we know what they really mean.
The trouble is, they're RIGHT.
I feel like my own great-grandmohter, clucking, "Can you BELIEVE how the young'uns are going out in public nowdays, what they're wearing?!?@?#?$?%??"

Scelata

Cathy said...

I think GFY is hi-larious.
Guilty pleasure...
:)