Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 9 November 2008

R.I.P.

Please remember in your prayers the soul of Michael, a dear, dear, man, who had more sorrow in his life than anyone deserves.
So young.
He was one of my oldest friends, I have known him literally all my life.
I had no idea until Summorum Pontificum was issued that he had a great interest in the liturgy, and had been missing the Latin Mass, which he remembered very well, for 40 years. He had been a young server when the changes came in.
We discussed it whenever we spoke, not often enough, and we hadn't seen each other in several years.
I wonder if I can help arrange some of what he would have wanted for his funeral Mass (I'm sure he never discussed with anyone else how much he would have liked black vestments.)
How odd of it to have happened this week, I wanted to tell him about the EF All Soul's Mass on Monday, all those rituals and trappings that I had never seen before, (to my memory.)

In paradisum deducant te angeli,
in tuo adventu suscipiuant te martyres.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat,
et com Lazaro quondam paupere

aeternam habeas requiem.


No comments: