Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 13 September 2009

A Prayer for Vocations

No, not what you think...
Prayer For Choosing One's Vocation

God of wisdom and of counsel, You see in my heart a sincere desire to please You alone and to conform myself entirely to Your holy Will in the choice of my state in life. Grant me, I humbly implore You, by the intercession of the Blessed Virgin, my Mother, and my holy Patrons, the grace to know what state in life I should choose and to embrace it when known, in order that I may seek Your glory and increase it, work out my own salvation, and deserve the heavenly reward which You have promised to those who do Your holy Will. Amen.

Treasury of Prayer, Lawrence B. Lovasik, S.V.D., 1954

From the Religious Sisters of Mercy website.

It could have saved me quite a bit of... what? what did I experience that I wish I had not on the road to recognizing my vocation?
Nothing, perhaps...
Nonetheless, I wish I had thought to, known to actively discern.

No comments: