Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 17 July 2014

I am not picking on him...

... honest.
I'll drop the subject after this.
Fr Joncas is very learned and seems like a nice guy. Melo, IIRC, tells me he is, (although he also said something about appearances and attractions which I don't see, so there ya have it.)

But this beautifully pitched criticism ...
I am stumped by musical practice that doesn’t seem to prize unison tune-singing so much as providing a melodic formula at which the assembly can throw its voices without worrying about exact pitches or rhythms.
... coming from the pen keyboard of the person who set the words "You who dwell..." and then, "The snare of the fowler..." as he chose to, would almost seem like deliberate irony, (yeah, so, "not authentic.")

No comments: