Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 16 July 2014

I positively REFUSE to Feel Guilty Over My Cheeseburger Habit....

... regardless of what Mark Bittman has to say about my drug of choice.

 Besides, :
Yes, it costs money to treat the diseases that come from having rolls of fat dripping off one’s frame. But we all have medical expenditures in every year of our life and we all also end up dying of something (limited exceptions such as Enoch and Ezekiel won’t change the population numbers very much). The net effect of that is that if we die younger (as the obese tend to do) then this will be a savings in health care costs over the lifetime.
That's reassuring, because although, as I said, I'm no economist, something about Bittman's line of through seemed hinckey to me.

So, it boils down to the fact that I am actually being a better steward of the gift of creation and your tax dollars, (and less wasteful of the resources at mankind's disposal,) by indulging in Arteriosclerosis on a Pretzel Bun.

Oh, and if you're ever in Indy, try Punchburgers.



Burnt Cheese Burger?
Yes, please.

No comments: