Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 7 November 2014

Want to be "welcoming"? then STOP WELCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, is this a surprise to anyone? (except our former RelEd director, who was always pushing for it...)
Catholics, take note!
If you attend a church regularly, you’ve probably noticed the phenomenon. A guest shows up for a worship service, but he or she never returns....
I did a Twitter poll to ask these first-time guests why they chose not to return to a particular church. While some of the responses were anticipated, I admit being a bit surprised with some of them.
...the top [response] in order of frequency.
  1. Having a stand up and greet one another time in the worship service. This response was my greatest surprise for two reasons. First, I was surprised how much guests are really uncomfortable during this time. Second, I was really surprised that it was the most frequent response.

No comments: