Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 10 February 2007

Musical Matters

Some successes, some disappointments.

It has been decreed or at least approved by the bishop, apparently, that the mission theme song
will be Sing A New Church, (no thanks, I'll stick with the one Jesus founded...)

One wonders sometimes if anyone thinks about, I mean really THINKS about the words
in the "hymns" they put out there and insist on us peons using.
I could just say find another fanny to put on the bench, I suppose, but I wouldn't do that
to Father.

I don't much care for the fact that a part-timer for my parish, all the cluster work somehow
fall to me as well.
No one else even showed up for the meeting with the diocesan guy.

And our youngest cantor has been a bit of a disappointment. He's good enough but so far
very unreliable.

On the other hand, Fr likes the idea of singing the Introits again for Advent.
So, more work for me (it's a heck of lot more work to point and format the psalm verse than to
just say "Our opening song will be number 401 in your hymnal, Our Father We Have Wandered,
again, that is number ....") but the results, worth it.

No comments: