Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 7 May 2007

Snarking about

It feels as if I have been away for months. But finally, a weekend with no, or nearly no extras (the mini-conclave was not per normal, but that was actually relaxing,) no weddings, wedding meetings, funerals, LitComms, strikes, matinees, openings...)
And so, back to the matters at hand.
Choir loved Nun Komm, (it was actually better that I'd anticipated,) virtually everything programmed for Sunday went well (and more, was APPROPRIATE -- much has been snarked, by me and others, about the "concert" before Mass, but it offers a spot for the much-loved but not appropriate for the Mass itself: extra-liturgical war-horses, ethnic favorites, the appropriate but too-long-under-current-LitComm-diktat, and yes, even next week's "On This Day..." After all, I live with my other corn allergy.)

Good conversation going on over at TNLM, about the programming of Marian music during May, or other Masses, and the place of devotions.
To be Joanna, one last time, I should like to add just one small contribution to the evening's entertainment--
(And I did)

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/stribe/1717099211924927510/#163569

I find it telling that the misguided "Spirit of VCII" phobia about "accretions" merely cleared the deck for new ones. (As did the reform of the calender, from what I've gathered, the stripping of the altars, etc., etc., etc. -- the primal human aesthetic is more Victorian than monastic.)

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!

No comments: