Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 22 December 2007

Crunch time

Am I the only one who does such things?
Probably.
But here it is two 1/2 days to Midnight Mass, (yes, yes, I know Mass During the Day, is the pinnacle of the Three Mass Marathon, but logistics and the fact that no one would be there to listen preclude the pre-Liturgy carol-fest, which everyone insists on, including me -- it is a chance fro them to get out of their systems the items that are much beloved but are not going to happen during Mass on my watch.... but I digress,) here is is, etc., and I have not delivered music to the instrumentalists, or indeed even given it much thought, or touched base with them since securing their services months ago.
Crunch time indeed!
DO I have a trumpet part for the Kuykendahl?
Does the flautists know the Herbeck?
Have they all done the Vermulst mass before?
And what key does the Mass of Remembrance Gloria end up in?

And WHY isn't' that one cantor returning my phone calls and am I gonna hafta go medieval on him if he leaves me stranded at the early Mass on Christmas? (or impose on the ever-trusty Himself?)
Anyway, are there no prisons, are there no workhou.....
Erm, wait, no, I mean, God bless us everyone!

No comments: