Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 1 December 2008

In the words of the Little Flower...

O Jesus, eternal Priest,
keep your priests within the shelter of Your Sacred Heart,
where none may touch them.
Keep unstained their anointed hands, which daily touch Your Sacred Body.
Keep unsullied their lips, daily purpled with your Precious Blood.
Keep pure and unearthly their hearts, sealed with the sublime mark of the priesthood.
Let Your holy love surround them and shield them from the world's contagion.
Bless their labors with abundant fruit and may the souls to whom they minister be their joy and consolation here and in heaven their beautiful and everlasting crown.
Amen.

I need to remember to pray for priests more often. There are several I want to add to my list:
Fr. Regis Barwig, OSB, who delivered a magnificent homily I was privileged to hear, and Fr Brian Plate and Mons. Donald Guenther who went above and beyond the call of duty for a grieving family, Fr Larry who is doing yeoman work at a time when the economy is making his task nearly impossible, and whoever it was, (I know there were probably several priests, but surely one in particular?) who helped inspire the vocation of our transitional deacon, Kevin, who is going to be a corker of a priest, (I'm only a little sorry that his intellect may channel him into academics, when he would be a wonderful pastor.)
Oh, and that nameless figure in black who heard my last confession.
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Dear Lord, I lift up these good men, and all members of Your presbyterate and episcopacy to You.
I know that they are one of the ways You most surely manifest Yourself and give Yourself to us, and I exalt Your name for Your gift of them to us.

No comments: