Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 22 January 2009

Preferential Options...

Pro-life prayer service, very nice. Decent speaker, (though weirdly focused on animal life, to my ear,) EXCELLENT readers.
There were, essentially, 7 petitions, 7 prayers, 7 groups singled out, (or "sevened" out?) for specific mention.
The unborn, those imprisoned, the aged and infirm, the disabled, the poor... I'm blanking on the 6th.... and those in the military.

Huh?
Believe me, I have no trouble praying for those in the Armed Forces, neither ours nor those of any other nation.
(I have plenty of military in the immediate family, if it comes to that. Semper Fi)

But why would we specify the services? Why are they specially in need of or deserving of prayer? why more so then the police, who also put their lives on the line for our protection and the preservation of ideals of civilization? or the fire department, who I believe are even more at risk, statistically speaking, than law enforcement?

I'm just curious.

No comments: