Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 19 March 2010

St Joseph, Pray for Us!

I am fortunate enough today to be able to celebrate by attending a Solemn High Mass [Correction, 3/20 - it wasn't a "Solemn" High Mass, I believe -- no deacon or sub-deacon? I'm still not all that familiar with the ins and outs of the varieties of EF] in the great saint's honor.
Through the efforts of a 21-year-old (who hopes to enter the seminary when he graduates,) his fellow students at Holy Cross can do likewise, at the first Mass celebrated there in the older rite since 1995. (I is a shame reverence and solemnity doesn't speak to young people...:oP)
In this time of rampant unemployment, or underemployment, I have had recourse to asking St Joseph for his intercession in his capacity as the patron of workers, and today I learned that for at least one family member, my prayers have been answered.
There are other St. Josephs, besides our Lord's foster father, for whose intercession I ask.
Joseph was also my father's name, and I have no doubt whatever that he has the ear of our Father in heaven, and is in a position to add his prayers to mine.
Happy feast day, all you Josephs out there! (especially you, Papa, and you, my little brother!)

http://www.art-prints-on-demand.com/kunst/georges_de_la_tour_471/st_joseph_the_carpente.jpg

No comments: