Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 29 March 2008

Restling over Rites and Rongs

The animus being generated by the (admittedly shamefully bad) program that has been designated for the DC Mass during the Papal visit is disheartening.
Too much assumption of malice where stupidity or ignorance could explain the situation.
I think rather than comment on it any further than I did some time ago (that a setting of the "Ordinary" is, or at least ought to be, disqualified from consideration by anyone with a love of or interest in liturgical music by its creator's failure to respect the integrity of the text of the Missal,) I will try to hold my tongue, and pray.
Compline last night at St John Cantius was very provocative -- of both prayer at the time, and of thought and pray after.
And as it was prayer provoking I will concentrate my efforts in this matter in that direction.

(I did acquire two jim dandy bons mots -- Ut multi et diversi sint; and God so loved the world that He did NOT send a committee.)

And, and may I just say...?

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!

No comments: