Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 5 October 2008

A Cantian Outing

That Flor Peeters Ave Verum was mighty wonderful.
(And the organ postlude kicked....)
Sometimes it just keeps me going, knowing that it's there, (okay, and an angus cheeseburger at Zig-Zag did its bit to elevate my mood, as well as Himself's.)
We made spectacular time getting in, so that despite a long Mass at our parish, (by the way, speaking of kicking the Bortiniansky [sp?] went splendidly! As did the Attwood, thank you, whoever recommended that, someone at the CMAA boards, IIRC.....?) so we were actually there by the Gospel.
I wish I could be more sure of my schedule, (and Himself's mood,) further ahead of time, and arrange to meet people for devotions or LotH, and coffee, or something.
I would dearly like to get to Vespers one more time before Himself's gig starts and the car is unavailable, or winter sets in a driving gets heinous.
I don't know the name of the priest who had Mass, but he has the most marvelous speaking voice.

Fortified for the week...

4 comments:

Dad29 said...

Tell me a bit more about the Peeters Ave Verum.

His Ave Maria is also terrific...and we use his Mass/St. Joseph and Mass/St John the Baptist.

I've used the Wedding Song a number of times...

Scelata said...

I don't know much about it -- quite lovely, but an idiom that would make it very suitable to battle the "you only like OLD stuff" canard so often hurled in the direction of anyone who attempts to restore a sense of the sacred through music used during Mass.
I probably can't use it anyway, as the choir has a setting of that text that they like (need I add what it is?) and it's hard enough work introducing texts that ought to be and aren't already part of our rep.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)

Dad29 said...

Oh.

Mis-read your post and assumed that YOUR choir performed it.

Alright, then: where did you hear it? Cantius?

Scelata said...

That's the place, Dad.
God bless Fr Phillips et al!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)