Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 21 August 2014

Hmmmm.... Jesus "belongs" to the Catholic Church?

Hearing on the news on EWTN that the civil courts have been used in Oklahoma City to force the idiot publicity seekers who claimed they would be performing a black mass with a consecrated host, and this seems to be true.

I'm glad if it worked, but I am uncomfortable with the claim that the Blessed Sacrament is the Church's "property," and therefore "stolen" if those clowns do indeed have what they claim.

Not theft, but kidnapping.

I do like the notion of the Church's claim of custodial rights over any validly consecrated host as long as it remains unconsumed, even if, for instance, I have It on my person if I am bringing Communion to the home-bound, or if a group were allowed to take custody of It for adoration, but It is no more property than ones children, I should think.

Interesting conundrum.

No comments: