Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 4 December 2014

The Rosary Shrine, and Christmas Gifting

The Dominicans of Summit have a lovely website, and their blog has pictures of the stunning beauty that is winter in the northeast.
(I know, I know, if you have to live there, the aesthetics of a heavy snowfall are kinda moot.)
DSC_6177

As it happens, I was at the shrine as the snow fell.
(The Rosary shrine is a place I MUST go, a place much beloved, for various reasons)
And their driveway is even steeper than "the best sledding hill in Summit," within their walls.
Himself was worried about driving up, but it wasn't bad at all.

Besides their soaps and candles which are fantastic and make lovely gifts, they sell quite a few different items that you should consider as you do your Christmas shopping.

Seriously, lavender pet shampoo?
BRILLIANT!

They don't have them on their site, but I bought a really neat knotted cord rosary. A perfect stocking-stuffer if you have a chance to stop by - and very inexpensive. I'd been looking for something that added less weight to my travel bag than my crystal one, but that wasn't tacky plastic, and this certainly fit the bill, (not that I would forsake my glow-in-the-dark plastic rosary, which dangles from my nightstand lampshade, for worlds!)

No comments: