Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 5 March 2007

I was wondering who I was last night...

...so I roamed the 'net (I do not surf, it involves water...) and took some tests.
Well, I was exhausted, it was too late for anyone to call so I didn't need to worry about that constant whingeing ("I tried to call and your line was busy!" -- as if ones phone line exists more for the use and convenience of others than oneself...) Himself was out, there was nothing worth watching on TV, I was too wound up to go to bed and to silly to make sense of any of the serious reading I am doing.

But INFJ?
Every time I take a knock-off of the Meyers-Briggs, I end up a different personality type.
What does this tell us?
Either 1) My personality is so unstable that I should probably be confined.
or
b) (yeah, I meant that, homage to Paul Reiser...) When I take tests.... I lie.

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences
% 11 62 25 17
Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
slightly expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality


The only constant is the Introversion. (which is odd, because it is also consistent that it is only slight.) So am an anomaly, a contradiction, the loud-mouthed introvert?Not at all.Introverts may be shy, or, less commendably, they may live their lives with a GSYH* attitude towards those around them.
*[this is the G-rated version of Go __ Yourself] .


And I took the Advanced Global Personality Test , reproducing here only the results that venture out of that comfortable middle third.
Stability 66%
Orderliness 30%
Mystical 70%
Artistic 76%
Religious 90%
Adventurousness 16%
Work ethic 23%
Self absorbed 36%
Conflict seeking 70%
Anti-authority 70%
Wealth 23%
Physical security 90%
Vanity 63%
Female cliche 70%


(Oh, and my math isn't that bad, I included "self absorbed because I think it's wrong, and my "Vanity score" in the interest of self-abnegation, in the spirit of Lent...)

Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense too often of reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

messy, tough, disorganized, fearless, not rule conscious, likes the unknown, rarely worries, rash, attracted to the counter culture, rarely irritated, positive, resilient, abstract, not a perfectionist, risk taker, strange, weird, self reliant, leisurely, dangerous, anti-authority, trusting, optimistic, positive, thrill seeker, likes bizarre things, sarcastic


Some of it seems right-on, but "thrill seeker"? One can't be lazy and a thrill seeker.
And the anti-authority tag takes some explanation.
The test wasn't specific enough about WHAT authority, was it?And the 90% on my "religion results" should indicate some of the authority to which I bow.
(And anyone who has ever played with me knows that when I accept a role, I cede ultimate authority to the director. And then, of course, if that fealty proves misplaced, I won't work with him again. Nothing good was ever accomplished by a committee, and there's nothing worse than an orchestra member who thinks he's playing in a string quartet.)

No comments: