Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 21 March 2007

What was that all about?

Didn't I go off on a rant?
I choose to blame it on whatever I've been taking for this raging allergic reaction -- I look like monster.
Processed food.... (I choose to downplay the effect of cashmere...)
Although of course I mean all of it. IRL dealing with the Propers shoved aside for ditties, the tirade against Missa de Angelis and being "deprived" of the "people's song," OL nonsense over how to force people to sing songs.

Ah, if only everyone were as perfect and wise as I, huh?

I may need to go to the doctor, my ears and hands really do look like gruesome special effects.... the poor choir and cast members forced to look at it!!!

Actually both rehearsals are going very well... my efforts are not totally unappreciated.

The Gluck is going particularly well, and the Introits were a big success.

(And we won't even brag about the tension in the long scene of the other -- but I am proud of both of us.)

The Sunday night rehearsal had some high points. Included among them, not , my venting regarding the Terminatrix.
I called the next morning to apologize and found that my auditor was so far out of it (her ire directed, wrongly, I think, toward the Sister,) that she didn't even know of the new hire.

They are going to have trouble replacing T2, in my opinion.
Reputations can go south very fast, as the Boss knows. When I promised him, (unasked I hasten to assure you, he would never have been so unreasonable) that I would never quit and that if he wished to fire me I would broadcast that it was amicable, regardless of the actual circumstances; he half joked that he was getting a "complex."
Perhaps he should consider whether he ought to have one, and if perhaps it isn't random bad luck....

He is in charge, I don't mind that.
What I mind is the elevating of personal preference to the dignity of rubrics, requirements, describe it how you will. (He, incidentally, is not, to my knowledge, guilty of this; Goneril and Regan, on the other hand.....)

No comments: