Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 12 November 2007

Sing to the Lord

The benefit of swanning around the house, swooning onto the couch, doing NOTHING (I can't even phonate enough to make phone calls telling people why I'm NOT making phone calls...,) is watching the proceedings of the USCCB assembly as much as I care to, as they unfold.
Drawback? My head is so stuffed I'm not at all sure of what I've heard.
But I THINK after all this to-ing and fro-ing on music, the Bishops have decided to issue "guidelines" rather than "law" so it's all moot.
Toothless (not the first body part I though of for the metaphor...)
Interesting that most of the suggested modification dealt with Latin, and with Gregorian chant.
Dos this mean that the document leans enough to the side of traditio that they didn't think they could GET a 2/3 majority rather than a simple majority?
Or is it indicative that the document is so out-in-left-field that they doubt it could get the recognitio from the Holy See to become normative?
Just hafta wait

(I am praying to my own cadre of saintly musical persons, none of whom is apporved fro public veneration, so I won't name them.)

2 comments:

Chironomo said...

After reading the draft this morning... it clearly was so far in left field that it wouldn't come close to recognitio! Supposedly there were ammendments added and it was eventually passed, but only as "guidelines". I'm not pleased!

Scelata said...

Thank you for dropping by, Chironomo.
I was afraid of that.
St Gregory, pray for us!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)