Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 17 May 2008

Pio

Two new books about Padre Pio, of whom I had never heard until, while at Mass on our honeymoon in Wales, I learned how deeply devoted to him many Catholics in the Celtish Isles ("Great Celtain"?) are. (Coincidentally we are in the middle of the annual nostalgia-fest of reading Himself's journal of the trip, where I first learned that Himself will "follow me up the hill." What hill, you ask? It matters not, he loves me.)
http://www.zenit.org/article-22605?l=english
Coincidentally, last night on Letterman there was a member of the studio audience named Pio, and Dave says he showed off his erudition and worldliness by asking, oh, that's an Italian name isn't it?
Yes, replied the audience member.
What part of Italy are you from?, asks Dave.
Ireland.

No comments: