Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 3 February 2014

Feast of the Presentation, "One of the Principal Feasts of the Church?"

Not everyone is on board with that sentiment.
I once told a visiting priest, in a confession after Mass, that I was glad SOMEBODY had bothered to look at the Ordo.
(Which was an unnecessary snark, but I've done penance for it since.)
(In fact, some of the penance actually involves the Sacrament of Reconciliation, which I am often uncertain as to my reception thereof, because I'm not actually given absolution in any form I recognize. Is it valid if the priest just "thinks" the words?)
Yesterday?
Green vestments, penitential rite, sermon about everything other than the feast at hand, a number of jokes and asides...

On the other hand, the little boy in Sunday school assigned the role of Simeon projected, actually dropped to his knees as he proclaimed the nunc dimittis, and prayed and acted the stuffing out of it.

So all in all, a good day.

Now, Lord, You let Your servant take down her Christmas tree in peace....

No comments: