Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 22 February 2014

Papa!

So here I am, paraphrasing Irving Belin as I drag my sorry carcass out of bed this morning, ("Someday, I'm going to murder my cell....phone...." doesn't have quite the ring to it though, does it?), and what is the first sight on the news?

Okay, my third, first was Sochi, second a Marina fire....

The Pope Emeritus at the Mass installing the new Cardinals.
This makes me almost as happy:
the crowd inside the basilica had been asked to refrain from applause during the ceremony

 I miss him.

(Please put down that cane and pick up that pen.)
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is greeted by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone (R) as he arrives to attend a consistory ceremony in Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican February 22, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi

No comments: