Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 28 November 2009

"Well known as a good person, he says he has never let his morality interfere with his policy decisions"

Can you imagine a politician making such statement?

Or, "Well, yeah, I hold a code of ethics and behavior, but I would never let my sense of right and wrong affect doing what people want me to do"?

It should be easy, for it happens, for all practical purposes, all the time. (The link is Australian, but it could just as easily be a story about a US pol.)

It is understandable that outsiders might think your Faith is merely a set of rituals and forms, something you take off like fancy-dress clothes to put on your workman's overalls in the real world -- but for for you as a believer to do so is inexcusable.

Yeah, I'm Catholic, but it's not like I believe any of it, or anything...

No comments: