Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 10 July 2007

The anti-CTU?

At a (very convivial!) Companions gathering last night, we finished with (spoken) Evening Prayer.
I spoke to Fr. C afterwards (could almost not sleep, incidentally for the images visual, olfactory and gustatory he planted in my head, talking about his family reunion and the Infarction Machine cuisine of his Grandma's -- shpecks? -- no clue as to the spelling -- but oh, would I love to try it!)

I mentioned the liturgies and retreat and the psalter, and he jokingly (I think,) tsk-tsked... the Liturgical Institute was actually begun as the anti-CTU?
I don't know how true that is, but if so, it speaks ill.... of CTU.

We also talked about the importance of singing, and he decried the lack of music training when he arrived at (CTU despite the musical degrees of two of its leading lights Frs Fragomeni and Foley.
Of the former I know nothing, and while I certainly admire the erudition of the latter, his liturgical sensibilities leave me cold, and his attitude toward the Real Presence in the Blessed Sacrament appalled me.
Any way, I am interested in learning more more about CTU.)

CPPS which has a strong presence there, from what I can gather, has been a great blessing in my life.

1 comment:

Praying Twice said...

The place is a disgrace to Catholicism. Check out a recent post of mine (I think I posted it on Thursday) with a bit of commentary on my experience there.

www.cantatedeo.blogspot.com

Deep down in my archives, I also posted on an e-mail I sent to a professor after the disastrous course in Biblical Studies that I took there.

What's your association with the institution? Feel free to e-mail me privately (satb98 (at) yahoo (dot) com) if you want to share in my lamenting! : )