Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 10 August 2007

Beautfiul Person, Lovely Person

A Mass of Christian Burial yesterday morning for one of the Companions.One of the loveliest persons I have ever known.

Literally "lovely," the way Samuel Crossman used it, "love to the loveless shown that they might lovely be."Someone so filled with love, out of whom love poured, in such a font, such a flood that those of us who were fortunate enough to know her or meet her felt also filled with love.The love she showed us made us lovable.

Interesting family, wonderful people, I had never met any of them before.

(It is the WhWhay, incidentally, that one can be colleagues, comrades, seemingly close, for a long time -- and never even hear a spouse mentioned. It led me, when I first moved here to think people were widowed or estranged.... to the contrary! These are devoted, demonstrative people often! but their hobbies or church activities or arts involvements and their spousal activities never intersect..... weird. BID, nothing of this applies to her, this just reminded me.)

I wonder if it pained her that members of her family were fallen away?
I am finding surprising numbers of devout Catholics who feel no particular regret over children who are no longer Catholic or even Christian.

No comments: