Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 17 August 2007

Sir Monocle

Wonderful new blog. (Much thanks to the Hymnographer for pointing it out.)
Were Himself not a simple fact of life... oh, dear, I don't means he's simple or anything.
Better start over.
Were I not married, and did Sir Monocle not from his posts make it quite cleared that he is likewise encumbered, I would seek him out , inveigle organ lessons and sit too close on the bench asking about mixtures. (He's quite near by....)

A very humane wit .

I think the enjoyment he and his lady take from the Life of Jams and Jellies may have summ't in common with Himself's and my Theory of Luxury, and the Diminishing Returns of Pleasures (I will not go into the Pillow>Porsche equation; and my favorite jam IS one of Life's Great Luxuries, and at 2.95 at Trader Joe's, also one of Life's Great Bargains.)

No comments: