Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 1 May 2009

America, for Specious Editorials

I'm not sure I get the gist of this.
It starts off being about declining numbers in the Church in the US, I think.

Then about questioning why instead of getting those crack Jesuits educators to send emergency missionary teams to secular colleges, the bishops are wasting their resources making a fuss about honoring the most prominent current defender of the greatest ongoing violation of natural law in the history of mankind with... a law degree.

Then:
A December 2008 Pew survey reported that Catholics, by more than three-to-one, think that “behaving like Jesus” and other “actions,” rather than just “relationship with Jesus” and other “beliefs,” determine “who obtains eternal life.”

Amen, I say.
So, a vote in favor of the primacy of Good Works over Faith to effect justification?
I think, but I'll be honest, I'm really not sure what the writer's saying.

No comments: