Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 21 May 2009

"I cannot, I must not, I will not..."

But I should have.
I had finally decided I was never going to open my mouth at Liturgy Committee meetings about matters that do not fall absolutely in my purview, i.e., music; and rarely even when they do so fall.

But ya just couldn't shut yer yap, could ya?

I did forbear to express opinions, only gave information, and only on specific matters brought up by others; but none of it was welcomed, and none of it was my area, and none of it will have any impact on anything, and nobody wanted to hear any of it.

We as a committee determined the correct way for lay people to administer blessings in the context of Mass; that a priest's first blessing is best administered at the party in the parish hall afterwards; that we will try to get as great a turn-out as possible for one event but not mention or facilitate the reception of any such thing as an indulgence; and that in light of several recent incidents we need to promote greater reverence among the faithful to Jesus Christ Present in the Blessed Sacrament, but that the attitudes and modeling of parish leaders, (calling Him "it," for instance,) wouldn't have any bearing on that, and so are not in need of reform.

No comments: