Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 29 June 2007

I think bobble-heads...

A certain holy priest whose name I will not mention lest he prefer his humor not to be attributed in case it might be misperceived as snarky does a gag routine about Muppet-esque characters, "saying" (in the priest's falsetto, and let me tell you, Mel Blank would have nothin' to worry about...), in a teaching moment "Rubrics are our friends!"
But, aside from the fact that I don't like mention of puppetry in the context of a discussion of liturgy, (yeah, well, I was scarred by that homily I once saw in Florida delivered by a puppet...) I think muppets are NOT the way to go.
At first i though stop action clay-mation, but I've changed my mind, it calls for ironically bad animation, (maybe with some of the sensibility of Appliance Wars, or Mr Bill.)
I think bobble-head priests and liturgical ministers are the way to go.
The guys who put together that Deacon Pain video would have the skills, I think...
(I still hurt myself laughing when I think of the priest being tackled as he attempts to do his little liturgical dance to Envia Tu Espiritu.)

No comments: