Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 25 June 2007

Musicians at Mundelein

Fr Samuel Weber OSB rocks.
Fr Douglas Martis rocks.
Linda Cerabona rocks.
Fr Richard Wojcik rocks.
That chapel rocks.
The other participants (some of whom are so erudite or so experienced, or so both that the mind boggles,) rock.

This is shaping up as an extraordinary experience, I think I am going to bring things back that will really contribute to the parish -- and I think I am going to bring back a better human being as their music director and organist and choir master.

Much of it is just hearing and noting a perfect turn of phrase, that illuminates a concept upon which one has been ruminating (like the cow that I am,) that I just know I can use to turn a light bulb on for someone else. (How many lame metaphors are you going to cram into that sentence, Scelata?)

Actually, the theology behind the music as presented is so compelling, so beautiful, so what-I've-been-searching-for, that I am walking around alternately goggle-eyed like a spoiled child on her birthday, and Smiling the Smug Smile. (Cue Himself, channeling Homer Simpson and chanting, We're smarter than the devil, we're smarter than the devil....) (Note the falling minor third, the primal human interval, the universal melody of nyah, nyah...)

No comments: