Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 21 June 2007

Warren Zevon, sleeping in Christ, I have no doubt

I once played "Miss Gypsy Rose Lee, who reads book reviews like they was books..."
Now I am Mrs. Smug, nee Loud who reads blog entries like they was the books/articles/treatises/essays they mention.
Any way Michael Dubruiel, (Mr. Amy Welborn,) had a marvelous entry about the Warren Zevon book, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead.

http://michaeldubruiel.blogspot.com/2007/06/accidently-like-catholic-warren-zevon.html

I have always loved the man's work, and what I knew of the man (fantastic sub for Paul on Letterman,) and came to really admire him when he came on Letterman to discuss his imminent death.
It was very moving, and teased with glimpses of some great mystery.
I think he knew a great many things, and cannot but believe at the end knew the Greatest one there is to know.
And I am grateful to the poster on Dubruiel's blog who mentioned Baptism of Desire.
RIP, Warren, pray for me and I'll pray for you.

No comments: