Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 1 September 2007

Dry Patches

Blessed Theresa of Calcutta was a source of many, many, many blessings to God's people on earth, but i am not sure the non-miraculous one she is effecting right now through her posthumously published letters revealing her crises of faith is not the very greatest.
My dry patch right now has less to do with Him, than with the people I know are made in His image, who I am nevertheless feeling less and less grateful to minister to.
The crowd (yes, "crowd," not a congregation in any sense,) at the tournam.... I mean, the wedding was a real trial.
Does no one know how to behave in the Presence?
I feel more and more often the way I did at the TP Roast that took place during Mass.
It is not a good feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I have a wedding or funeral, I'm consistently humiliated by members of my (20-something) generation. None of them know how to behave or dress. I recall my last wedding where one of the bride's maids, a lector at that, had a gigantic tattoo on her back that her dress showed off to the entire congregation. Someone wasn't thinking there...

-Gavin

Scelata said...

The level of behavior at weddings has taken a noticable dive in the past year, for some reason.
I'm seriously wondering if it has something to do with all the "reality" shows about weddings on TV.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)

Sir Monocle said...

An organist just told me about a wedding he played. Before the postlude, the groomsmen all held out their hands to hold the bride in the air for that special photo opportunity. Meanwhile the priest looked on and smiled. I agree with you guys, but if clergy doesn't put their feet down on this stuff, who will?