Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 11 January 2008

One in a million...

Himself is one in a million.
My love and I exchange gifts at at New Years or Epiphany, as a rule, why pile that onto Christmas? But this year, because of the vagaries of the US Postal Service, my gift to him (the Tick,) hadn't arrived in time, so we just gave each other presents yesterday.
Now, how what husband do you know who would give his wife a photo book of her latest crush, image after image of the man who has displaced him in her affections?
Yet there it was, Ignatius Press's "Servant of the Truth."
(Of course, bear in mind my saint of a husband also drove me on a nine hour round trip to visit my last big crush.... retired priest and chant master extraordinaire, Fr Larry Heiman.)

No comments: