Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 25 August 2008

Little relief...

But I am relieved- to learn that deliberately scalding myself is not a sign of mental defect but a fairly well-known, (albeit it not medically sanctioned,) method of getting a temporary reprieve from unbearably itchy eczema.
And really, if I'm going to look like a lobster anyway, does it matter why?
I'm just annoyed with myself, because while stress or emotion might have affected the severity in the past, it was never the main culprit.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

Hmmmmnnn..

My mother used a heavy-oil medication for her psoraiasis which really worked VERY well. Not attractive, and required use of long bandages to retain the stuff on the affected areas.

OTOH, at that time, she was also in the early stages of Alzheimer's, which may have affected her stress-levels--that is, she had less stress.

Scelata said...

"OTOH, at that time, she was also in the early stages of Alzheimer's, which may have affected her stress-levels--that is, she had less stress."

Talk about the cure being worse than the disease!
Although sometimes I'm so absent-minded, it might well be early onset Alzheimer's...
But I really have so little to complain about, it feels churlish to resent a skin disorder as my "cross" in life.
And I suppose I could use it as an excuse not to program cheeze that has been requested -- oh, sorry, my hands are bad right now, I couldn't POSSIBLY practice the accompaniment as much as I'd need to to do the piece justice.

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!