Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Just how worthy are you?

Archbishop Ranjith in the preface to Dominus Est, by Bishop Athanasius Schneider of Karaganda wrote, “The best way to express our sense of reverence to the Lord in Mass is to follow the example of Peter, who as the Gospel tells us, threw himself on his knees before the Lord and said, ‘Lord, depart from me, for I am a sinner’”. (Luke 5:8)

Oh, he ain't gonna like my latest song:

O Lord, I am so worthy,
That I never need to kneel...
I 'm sorry if that irks You,
It's just the way I feel.

We're a "resurrection people,"
It's our story that we tell.
Anyone who doesn't like it,
Can simply go to... receive Communion at the local sedevacantist chapel.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

G,
were you at the mass at St. John's on Wednesday, sep. 3? if you were, i wish i had known! I was there too. and I must say, i was sorely disappointed myself when I discovered it was a low mass instead of a high mass, esp. considering St. Pius X's motu propio! I would have thought they would have music.
but the sermon by fr. Phillips was great.

Scelata said...

Yes I was there, but I never know for sure if I am going to be able to get there for antyhing, until I actually walk in the door!
Himself is, and our lives are.... quirky.
I could have sworn that I read on the website it WAS going to be a missa cantata.
Ah, well....

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!