Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 19 April 2009

Divine Mercy

Very nice holy hour.
Decent turn out, considering the damp dismal day, and how many other activities, CHURCH activities coincided with it.
And I kept my streak alive, never saying a rosary or chaplet, or really, any prayer with multiple iterations of a formula where there wasn't one decade consisting of nine, or eleven prayers....

I tell Father every time I am asked to chant something like this, or anyone who asks me to lead a decade -- my family NEVER trusted me when we were kids.

I cannot follow a string of beads and get the number right.

Period.
http://www.markmallett.com/blog/wp-images/DivineMercyClouds.jpg

I will be the first to say that this devotion does not speak to me the way some other form of prayer might, but I have never understood the venom expressed toward indulgenced prayer by some people, (who often express similar contempt for anything they find "pre-conciliar.")
I put them in the same category as those who pronounce themselves "religious, but I don't think you have to go to church or anything...."

Well, bully for you if you are so deep, and so spiritual, and so disciplined that you don't need any structure outside of yourself to acheive perfection in all areas of your life.

No doubt you are also an autodidact, always weigh whatever the charts say is optimum for someone of your height and frame, and have no need of alarm clocks.

No comments: