Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 8 July 2009

I am certainly against inter-species marriage....

... and I'm guessing it would be detrimental to your mental health.
So marrying another human being as opposed to, I dunno, a salamander, or a bonobo probably does help prevent senile dementia.,
But I'd like to think a solid marriage to a wolverine or a monarch butterfly or a pygmy mouse lemur would contribute to holding on to your marbles.
But maybe not.
Thank goodness for news gathering organizations, and journalists to keep us apprised of such dangers.

Brian Kilmeade headshot 2


(I have to admit, I am relying on internet scuttlebutt for a reference on this, I don't actually watch the program in question)
On July 8, 2009 Kilmeade and two co-hosts were discussing a study that, based on research done in Finland and Sweden, showed people who stay married are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer's. Kilmeade questioned the results, though, saying, "We are -- we keep marrying other species and other ethnics and other ..." adding, over the objections of his co-host Gretchen Carlson - "See, the problem is the Swedes have pure genes. Because they marry other Swedes .... Finns marry other Finns, so they have a pure society."

No comments: